Store Manager - Laundromat
Under the direction of the Owner, the Store Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and financial performance of their assigned store through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs. This position will have direct supervision over the Assistant Store Manager and the Customer Service Representative roles.
Primary: Oversees the full employee life cycle from recruitment to separation, including:
- Human Resources
- Recruitment and selection.
- Orientation and training.
- Employee development.
- Counseling and corrective action.
- Hourly scheduling and payroll management.
Customer Service and Satisfaction: Ensures that all policies, procedures and employee functions are consistently being followed, contributing to the highest level of customer satisfaction and growth of store. Responsible for ensuring the store remains staffed at all times.
Store Safety and Security: Maintains a safe environment inside and outside of the store by following proper security procedures and prioritizing employee and customer safety.
Store Cleanliness and Upkeep: Ensures that the highest level of cleanliness is maintained inside and outside of the store at all times.
Building and Equipment Maintenance: Conduct frequent audits of preventive maintenance tasks and report equipment and building maintenance issues, escalating significant issues to Owner; troubleshoot equipment and perform minor repairs.
Retail: Maintains a good visual presentation of retail products at all times; keeps sufficient assortment and inventory levels. Train employees in processing sales and upselling to customers.
Wash/Dry/Fold: Provides a consistent quality product to the customer while keeping associated costs low. Addresses customer concerns, issues and claims in a timely and satisfactory manner.
Cash/Office Functions and Accountability: Accurately and honestly reports all monies and store information; immediately notifies and reports any discrepancies to Owner.
Marketing and Promotions: Participation in and execution of promotional programs.
Policies and Procedures: Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Financials: Submit accurate and timely sales and other information on a weekly basis; executes initiatives to improve the store financial performance; suggest ways to improve sales or reduce costs
All other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of two years either multi-unit or big box retail management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial laundry products and payment systems is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to build good customer relationships quickly.
- Intermediate level of computer skills, including exposure to Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends. Able to answer calls off-shift to attend to store emergencies.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Position involves standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, stooping, bending, and lifting.
- Position Title: Store Manager
- Department: Laundry Stores
- Reports To (Title): Owner
- Review Date: September 2022
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Location: 3505 W Blue Ridge Dr, Greenville